Position: Area Team Leader
Start Date: Based on accepted offer
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Various hours based on needs. Candidates must have open availability for work hours that include at least 1-2 nights a week and every other weekend.
Starting Salary: $14.00 an hour
Salary/Benefit Notes: Our full-time team members (30 hours or more per week) are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance plan
- Optional dependent life insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Flexible spending plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time-off benefits
- Team member assistance program
- Health and wellness programs
- Educational assistance program
- Team member discount card
If you lead with heart and have a head for business, consider a career with Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin.
While our stores focus on selling donated and new merchandise, each member of our team works toward our No. 1 core value — Putting People First...All People. By striving to bring our values to life each day in everything we do, we change the lives of the people in our communities. Our Retail Store and Training Center is currently seeking organized, energetic and creative Area Team Leader to come and join our team.
This hourly leadership position will oversee the usual — cashiering, inventory, customer service, team member relations, budgets and store administration — along with the unusual — helping manage the processing and flow of donated goods and assisting individuals with disabilities or other barriers to employment learn life skills, get job training, become more independent and build on their dreams.
- Part of a team that is responsible for financial results including sales, gross margin, expense control, payroll, and contribution/profit.
- Adheres to organizational core values and beliefs. Ensure that they are practiced in daily store operation.
- Can effectively and efficiently manage a broad range of store activities. Able to identify, organize, and prioritize with delegation of duties when applicable. Also is able to trouble shoot problems before they occur.
- Maintains merchandising displays that meet sizing, signing, new goods, checkouts, in stock position, and pricing standards.
- Maintains a productive processing area that meets production goals, maintains a clean and organized work floor and follows current standards.
- Prepares required paperwork on sales, productivity, programs, people function, safety and loss prevention, etc. as required and within timeframes.
- Part of a team that is responsible for the entire property including buildings (internal and external) and all merchandise, fixtures, signage, parking facilities, etc. located on the premise.
- Responsible for store maintenance, both interior and exterior, including but not limited to floors, restrooms, break room, production area, fixtures, glass, etc.
What I must bring:
- To be considered, you'll need 3-5 years of proven retail or leadership experience.
- Education generally equivalent to a high school diploma is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a retail environment is preferred.
- Experience of at least a basic level of competency with computers to complete e-learning opportunities and use our intranet, G-Wiz.
- May require the ability to operate a cash register.
- Must have good judgment to recognize clothing categories.
- Must remain productive without direct leadership.