|Maintains all facility equipment in operating condition. Ensures all equipment is operational mechanically and electrically through means of an effective preventive maintenance program. Ensures all maintenance and repair work in the factory is properly performed in a timely and cost effective manner. Directs the effort of all maintenance and electrical and instrumentation employees to ensure quality of workmanship and maximum effectiveness of their efforts.|
Responsibilities and AccountabilitiesEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide direction for maintaining and operating physical equipment, the plant electrical system and the plant infrastructure.
- Use SAP / Meridium processes and tools to continuously improve MRO systems such as work orders, preventive maintenance, and inventory management.
- Prepare and distribute reports as required.
- Inspect physical equipment and the plant infrastructure. Identify and resolve issues.
- Assist with the analysis and launch of new processes and equipment.
- Assist with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis to eliminate, where possible, any mechanical, electrical, or other problem that affects production.
- Set departmental goals that support plant objectives.
- Work with and manage outside contractors and vendors as necessary.
- Support capital projects with resources and expertise.
Electrical & Instrumentation
- Works with project Engineer to ensure project success and plant electrical standards are met.
- Oversee electrical work order assignments in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and monitor completion rates.
- Evaluate plant electrical systems to ensure they are up to date and maintained properly.
- Review, update and create electrical schematics for the plant.
- Ensure compliance to all NRC and NEC regulations.
- Continue to maintain/develop Apprenticeship Program.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws and regulations, including EEO.
- Assess the skill levels of the E&I technicians and maintenance mechanics and identify training needs.
- Review and make recommendations of the pay progression plan respectively.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, recognizing, and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plan and schedule annual arc flash training, infrared scanning, panel cleaning, breaker testing, and other preventive tasks as assigned.
- Work a flexible schedule to support activities on all four crews.
- Report directly to the Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
- Work proactively to be a resource to other departments, and to maintain open lines of communication with them.
- Lead or support continuous improvement efforts to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and achieve other plant goals.
- Assist in the development of the maintenance budget, operate at or below budget for accounts controlled, and progressively seek ways to reduce expenditures.
- Support plant safety programs through regularly attending safety team meetings, ensuring that maintenance personnel receive training in and comply with plant safety programs (i.e., Lock Out/Tag Out, PSM, HazCom, etc.), and eliminating identified safety hazards.
- Ensure compliance with food safety regulations and practices.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and procedures.
- Attend required plant training programs per the training schedule. Develop and deliver selected training programs as required.
- Support mandatory inspections and audits.
- Maintain acceptable attendance as defined by company policies.
- Repair equipment, building, and infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Although encouraged, this position does not require any prior certificates, licenses, or registrations.
Related Work Experience
- Must have: 2 to 5 years in frozen food manufacturing.
- Must have: Strong E&I and Maintenance background, including overseeing a CMMS program.
- Must have: 1 to 3 years of leading people.
- Must have: Basic understanding of industrial controls and logic.
- Nice to have: Experience managing projects.
To apply: www.mccain.com or text "McCain" to 55678. Go to the jobs/ careers tab - serach Rice Lake to find the position.